Lindon, UT asked in Divorce and Child Custody for Utah

Q: Utah father's rights suspended didn't complete required classes. He wants a visit am I liable for anything if I let him?

Are there any legal ramifications if I let him see his son when the court has suspended his parental rights for not completing his required parenting classes? He will make my life difficult if I say no and claim he did the classes which he hasn't. But if there will be liability or trouble with the courts for me if I allow him a visit when his visitation has been suspended, I won't let him see him.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brian K Jackson
Brian K Jackson
  • Bountiful, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: It is a court order so if you go against it you could be found in contempt.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.