Lancaster, PA asked in Family Law for Pennsylvania

Q: One of the punishments my ex put my son through was making him stand in the corner naked. Is that enough to call CPS?

He has already admitted on stand that he has physically and emotionally abused me. He also calls him dumb, fat and if he even catches him crying, he calls him a cry baby. I'm so afraid he's going to start physically abusing him because that's how my abuse started. We have our Conference hearing January 3rd, I'm taking him back to court. He ended up with primary because the judge happened to believe his lies.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rebecca A Myers
Rebecca A Myers
  • Pittsburgh, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: That is a very concerning form of punishment. not knowing any more about the situation it is difficult to be certain, but that sounds inappropriate and if you are concerned for your child's safety while in his father's care you should contact cyf and/or your local PFA office.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.