York, PA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Pennsylvania

Q: i am planning to relocate to fl with my family in 6 weeks but but my 14 yr old daughter's dad is not being coropitive

my daughter has lived with me her whole life and step dad for over 6 yrs he doesnt help with anything or follow custody order we all want to move as a family.she has 1 brother 2 sisters a step brother and sister that she lives with.She wants to move with us but her dad wont even plan visitaton or be willing to work with us.We are moving for several reasons I have fibromyalgia and the cold weather keeps me in so much pain also we both found better jobs there,my daughter has been constantly getting in trouble in school and poor grades and we live in a bad area.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Steven Robert Tabano
Steven Robert Tabano
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Pittsburgh, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: You must file a Petition for Relocation and follow the appropriate rules before you move or you could be forced to return to Pennsylvania with your daughter. You should immediately contact an attorney in your area to discuss this matter.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.