Bensalem, PA asked in Criminal Law and Libel & Slander for New Jersey

Q: What statue would I use if I wish to file a criminal complaint against someone for calling NJ DCPP out of malice?

My husband and I were both arrested but ultimately the charges were administratively dismissed, however the person that called DCPP had since posted things on social media, I filed harassment charges, she received a downgraded charge of township ordinance with a sixty day suspended sentence, however I'd like more justice for my family my kids were placed in bad foster homes for a bit, I'm out over $20,000 I'll never get back. DCPP is not a toy and there needs to be consequences, what can I do, I can't sue her she has no assets?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Santo Artusa Jr.
Santo Artusa Jr.
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Jersey City, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: It would be very difficult to prove actual malice on a DCPP call out of "concern"

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.