Wichita, KS asked in Car Accidents for Kansas

Q: Bell subrogation claim against me in a accident that I was found not at fault

A year ago I was in an accident. It occurred at a intersection while the light was yellow. I was driving straight through the intersection and a lady turned left in front of me. We ended up going to court and the judge ruled both of us not at fault. I paid my ticket and that was that. Now I am receiving a claim for $4500 from bell subrogation for her medical bills. They say they determined I was at fault but I don't know how when I've already went through court once. I did not have insurance at the time of the wreck. So do I need to get a lawyer and fight this or how do I go about it

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: Anyone can say anything. If she turned left, unless it was on a turn arrow and you had the red, you have the right of way. If you were hurt contact a member of the Ks Assn for Justice--they give free consults.

You don't want to ignore a court summons even if you weren't at fault.

If it's just a written demand write them a letter and note that judge found you not at fault and also that you were going straight she was turning, so its your right of way. Make a copy of what you send.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.