Ocala, FL asked in Divorce and Family Law for Florida

Q: married may 2 2015. not together since May 30 2015. Currently pregnant by someone else trying to get divorce,can I?

Husband was Baker acted domestic Violence May 30 2015. Incarcerated on other charges including violation of domestic violence injuction burglery possession of stolen property and domestic violence by strangulation on someone else just released 1/12/2017. During this time I lost a child August 2015. Currently pregnant by someone else due Feb 22 2017. The childs father will write a notarized statement saying he is the father. Can I go to court house and file the divorce packet under indegent status and get a divorce keeping my husband off birth certificate of child that is NOT his. Husband will most likely not cooperate but he could not possibly be father due to incarceration.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Arthur Smitten
John Arthur Smitten
  • Clearwater, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Yes you should get the divorce asap and before the child is born. You should hire a lawyer to represent you in the case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.