Seattle, WA asked in Animal / Dog Law for Oregon

Q: I took my 4 month old puppy in to Dove Lewis he was diagnosed with PARVO, Im currently unemployed have no income so the

Vet tells me long story short If I want Ceaser to Live I must Give him up to Oregon Humane Society they will pay to hospitalize him and than when he's All Well they will adopt him out I told them i wanted him adopted out and i left without finishing appoiment or sighning a thing I was Manipulated and I want my dog back, What options do I have if Any ????

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jennie Lynn Clark
Jennie Lynn Clark
  • Animal & Dog Law Lawyer
  • Portland, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: Maybe you should finish the paper work so your dog can live, then go adopt your dog from the humane society or have a friend do so if you cannot afford it. At least if your dog is alive, you have a little time to ask for some charitable donations so you can pay to adopt your dog. Let them know you want to adopt your dog.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.