Stone Mountain, GA asked in Military Law for Georgia

Q: Hi Ive been recommended to get chaptered out of the army with a chapter 14 and I'm in ait but I do not want to leave

I want to know if my company commander cam stop the process? I have statements from peers and also from doctors chaplains to I just want to know how to stop the process.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Patrick Korody
Patrick Korody
  • Military Law Lawyer

A: You need to speak to a lawyer. Hire a civilian if you cannot find a military defense counsel to assist you. You need to have an advocate communicate with your chain of command and/or draft a strong rebuttal statement if you are not eligible for an adsep board.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.