Darby, PA asked in Divorce for Pennsylvania

Q: My husband left me over 9 years ago. How do I get a divorce from him with us being in different countries?

He isn't from the USA. He went back home to his own country before he received his green card. We don't have children or property. I don't want anything from him but a divorce.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rebecca A Myers
Rebecca A Myers
  • Pittsburgh, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: If he is willing to cooperate in the divorce process and does not want to have any other issues addressed either, then it would not be terribly complicated. However, if he will not agree you will likely need an attorney to assist you in getting permission to serve him specially at the very least.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.