New Port Richey, FL asked in Divorce for Pennsylvania

Q: Can my husband sell our farm without my consent even though we are currently (not legally) separated?

I am not on the deed to the farm, but it was purchased after we were married with marital money. He will be receiving my divorce complaint in the mail this week. We have a prenup agreement but it only covers the properties that he owned before marriage, and my lawyer says that it is very "suspect" and we can most likely get it thrown out because of the conditions in which it was written.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Clark Mitchell
Clark Mitchell
  • Washington, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Absolutely he can sell it. You need to contact a lawyer asap to file a complaint in divorce and then a petition to freeze all assets.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.