Los Angeles, CA asked in Personal Injury for Idaho

Q: Is there a statute of limitations that a victim can still sue their offender in civil court?

I was assaulted and the restitution that was ordered was not paid to me . I am unable to work because of what happened and I want to know if I can sue him. It's been three years .

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: Tell the DA about the nonpayment of resitution. They have a strong lever. I believe you cannot sue him, as I believe the statute of limitations is two years if you were an adult when it happened. But I'd suggest you contact a member of the Idaho Trial Lawyers Assn--they give free consults.

On the PTSD, if I may suggest consider something called EMDR. It's a way of helping people that's not standard couch therapy, doesn't require drugs, and usually works within 2-3 session. Google "EMDR Therapist ____________Idaho" (insert name of nearest town(s)

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.