Pine City, MN asked in Medical Malpractice for Iowa

Q: Medical malpractice

I had right hip prosthesis done 8/2015. Had intense groin pain & disability ongoing post-op. Sought 2nd opinion. Found to have misplaced cup portion of prosthesis with damaged psoasis tendon secondary to same. Had revision hip replacement and partial excision of psoasis tendon 12/2016 for same. I know medical malpractice cases are difficult to win/prove, wondering if I have a case? I live in Iowa. I am still recovering post-op, but the intense groin pain and pinching is gone.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: A lot depends on exactly what happened, when in the procedure, etc. Call a member of the Ia. Assn for Justice who handles medical carelessness cases in your county; if none an adjacent county. They give FREE consultations and if they take the case will take it on the basis that they get paid when they get money for you,and if they can't you don't owe them.

Get a copy of the records from the hospital where the procedure was done. Ask for them on disc.If they say "would you like us to print them out?" say "no thanks." Reason being if they give you paper records they are allowed to charge a very large fee, with a disc under the ACA and HiTechActs they usually charge onlly $5-7!

Contact your congressman and Senators and tell them you want the ACA kept--fill in the gaps but don't take the protections from medical consumers!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.