Paterson, NJ asked in Divorce, Immigration Law, Stockbroker Fraud and Gov & Administrative Law for New York

Q: What will happen and what should do ?


I was f1 visa student I got married in 2016 us citizen girl , we filled up the applications for the immigration and I got my ssn and the work authorization card ( work permit ) , and we still pending for the first interview , waiting when they will schedule our interview, I found her betrayed me with other guys , I have proof for that,

What should I do , I didn't take my discussion to divorce her or stay with her what will happen for me ,I don't know what I should do , what will happen to me if I divorce her before the interview?

What will happen if we divorce after the interview

What I should do ???????

1 Lawyer Answer
Christine Moccia
Christine Moccia
  • Rye Brook, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: You need to speak to a qualified immigration law attorney. I can advise you that if you want to seek a divorce, you have grounds regardless of any adultery. As far as the implications with respect to your status in this country, please see a qualified immigration attorney or contact a local legal aid office or immigration assistance office to see if you qualify for free representation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.