Hawley, PA asked in Divorce for Pennsylvania

Q: What do I need to do to change my name back to my maiden name,after my divorce??????

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Eric Trajtenberg
Eric Trajtenberg
  • West Chester
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: If your divorce was finalized in one of the County courts in Pennsylvania, then you will need to file a Notice to Retake Maiden Name with the Prothonotary's Office where your divorce was finalized. I suggest that you also contact your local Security Security Administration office to ensure that you comply with any of their requirements.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.