Madisonville, LA asked in Family Law for Florida

Q: My ex and child live in FL 3 hours away. I live in Louisiana. My ex plans to move to NC next year. What can I do now?

We have joint custody and I have around 130 overnights a year. What can I do now that I know she plans to move with my child 12 hours away?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: I would need to know what your judgment specified regarding the current legal custody of your child. If your order contains the requirements for the Florida Relocation Statute then she must provide you the written notice and you can object. Give us a call we offer a free consult.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.