Cape Coral, FL asked in Family Law for Florida

Q: If i have aopen dcf case and im dating someone with a record and we get married will dcf still use his record against me

This is a child dependency case and the charges are over 10 years old and the most recent charges were nolle prosequi

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: While you are under supervision by the department the individuals you live with may impact your reunification or continued placement of your children. I suggest you discuss with your case worker how this relationship may impact your case plan and your goal of restoring your family. Also you are likely represented by a court appointed attorney and you should discuss this with your attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.