Minneapolis, MN asked in Landlord - Tenant for Minnesota

Q: took land lord to court 4 rent escrow. I have no lawyer and can't get help in our system. Lawyer threatened me.

There lawyer stated if I go forward with escrow he will make me lose everything. my sec8 etc..I have brain injury can't get help in our system. 6 years of health issues they will not fix problem in my unit ! Doctor statements have stated to fix issue also. Can't move no money , but issue is causing me health problems as doctors has stated to them , fix the issue ! I have 6 years of documemtation of issue & no help or don't know how to find help. Free lawyer said it would cost them money & Gov. don't give enough grant money ,can't help. I can't move no money lawyer no money. Where are my RIGHTS to help and a fare trail ! I am a great tenant that is way am not evicted , but there working on it ! I want 6 years of hell back I have gone through health wise for not fixing the issue in my home. Have videos also the past 6 years they never fixed the problem. Long storie.. CAN'T AFFORD A LAWYER !

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph A. Gangi
Joseph A. Gangi
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Mankato, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: If you cannot afford a lawyer, contact a legal services or other legal aid agency to see if they will provide you with assistance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.