Asked in Adoption for Arkansas

Q: Can my soon husband adopt my daughter without consent of biological if he has not paid child support

He was ordered to pay in May 2016 and hasn't willing paid at all garnishment of check of 68.24... then quit his job.. My soon to be husband wants to adopt my 14 month old he has been active since she was 4 months old.... Supported her since..

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stefan K. McBride
Stefan K. McBride
  • Family Law Lawyer
  • Hope, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: If he has not paid child support or seen the child in one year, you may be able to get around his consent to the adoption.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.