Perryville, AR asked in Child Custody for Arkansas

Q: I am still married but separated from wife we have a son . She is keeping my son from me. Never been served papers

I just want to know if she has a legal right to keep me away from my son when we're still married but yes we are separated I've had him every weekend without saying anything to me she just took it upon herself to stop me from seeing him and said she taking the advice of her lawyer do I have a legal right to see you and go get my kid or is the law on her side

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stefan K. McBride
Stefan K. McBride
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Hope, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: If you are separated, you need to file for divorce and get a visitation/custody order that clarifies your rights. Right now, it is the Wild West, which means she can do what she wants.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.