Cape Neddick, ME asked in Contracts for Maine

Q: What should I do: Plaintiff fails to respond to interrogatories, doc request, & request for admissions within 30 days

I am being sued for default on a private loan that I was duped into. I wasn't informed the loan was approved nor did I accept it. The funds were disbursed to a 3rd party without my knowledge and I only learned of the situation after the fact.

I answered plaintiff's interrogatories, doc request, and admissions request within 30 days.

Plaintiff hasn't answered defendant's interrogatories, doc request, and admissions request after 45 days. By failing to respond to the admissions request: Plaintiff admits I wasn't provided terms, wasn't made aware of loan approval, didn't accept the loan, wasn't informed of the disbursement, wasn't made aware of the truth in lending act, etc. Basically, they admit that I applied but did nothing else.

How should I respond to their inaction???

1.) File a motion that case is dismissed with prejudice?

2.) Contact plaintiff to remind them I am waiting for a response?

3.) Sit back and wait for court date to present my side of the case?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: The case will not be dismissed for failure to meet discovery deadlines alone.

Move to compel responses to the Ints. and Doc. Reqs. and to "deem" the unanswered Requests for Admission as admitted.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.