Atlanta, GA asked in Criminal Law, DUI / DWI and Traffic Tickets for Georgia

Q: My husband is post to turn his self in and do 24 hrs if he didnt turn himself in and they put a warrant out for him

He also has a in state warrant for indiana can they hold him for that or will he still juat do 24 hrs like the judge ordered what can happen

1 Lawyer Answer
James Thomas
James Thomas
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Spartanburg, SC
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Most likely, the jail will see the warrant, contact the issuing agency in Indiana, and verify whether it is a warrant that Indiana will request extradition for. Maybe, maybe not. If not, GA might release. If so, the extradition process will start. Would be smart to engage lawyers in both states.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.