San Jose, CA asked in Appeals / Appellate Law and Contracts for Tennessee

Q: I am trying to figure out how to appeal a trial court in general sessions to circuit court

The court was in mcnairy county tn and was about money owed to me for work i completed i didnt get as much as i feel i should have

1 Lawyer Answer
Gregory Edward Glass
Gregory Edward Glass
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Chattanooga, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You may file an appeal from General Sessions Court to Circuit Court as long as the appeal is filed within ten (10) days of the entry of the judgment or disposition of the case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.