Irving, TX asked in Criminal Law, Appeals / Appellate Law and Constitutional Law for Louisiana

Q: My brother was wrongfully arrested by the bossier parish sheriff's office on the account of affiliation with the suspect

He was only arrested on the fact that the place robbed was my dad's workplace and the actual criminal who did it had a previous crime committed with my brother they arrested my brother fully on the account of affiliation what do i do.

1 Lawyer Answer
Glenn B. Manishin
Glenn B. Manishin
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Warrenton, VA

A: Bail him out and hire a criminal defense lawyer. If the "probable cause" for arrrest was as flimsy as you say, the charges should be dropped or reduced to a misdemeanor by the prosecuting state attorney. Handling a criminal case "pro per" (without counsel) is a recipe for disaster.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.