Sandy, UT asked in Divorce for Utah

Q: I'm sure my wife is cheating on me with a past boyfriend. Do I gather more evidence or just begin divorce

I think she has been paying for an apartment for him out of her paycheck as well. He has a criminal record for drugs and I'm worried about her doing drugs with him possibly around our young kids

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brian K Jackson
Brian K Jackson
  • Bountiful, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: Now days, if you want a divorce, you can get one granted for about anything. If you feel like it isn't working out, you can get one on the grounds of irreconcilable differences. If you are looking to prove she cheated on you, then that would be an at-fault divorce if you want to prove that they aren't entitled to normal marital assets.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.