Saint Louis, MO asked in Civil Litigation and Medical Malpractice for Missouri

Q: Can an esthetician in Missouri under the supervision of a M.D or D.O. perform esthetic injections?

1 Lawyer Answer
Todd N. Hendrickson
Todd N. Hendrickson
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Kirkwood, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: I have never specifically researched the issue, but given the limits of typical esthetician training, I seriously doubt it. If one has performed injections on you, it may be malpractice on the part of the esthetician and the supervising physician. Whether it is a viable malpractice case may depend on the extent of your injury, if any.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.