Lincoln, NE asked in Juvenile Law for Nebraska

Q: Truancy law

My daughter is 15 has a long history of PTSD depression anxiety and panic attacks and also has went over the legal limit of missing school a few times which has put us in court well this year is highschool and her worst year for missing . At 40 days now which has put us now in truancy charge how do I fight this? What can I do? If my daughter is so full of anxiety about school how can they put more on her?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brendan Michael Kelly
Brendan Michael Kelly
  • Juvenile Law Lawyer
  • Omaha, NE
  • Licensed in Nebraska

A: To defend this you will be required show proof that the child be given some sort of medical proof of the PTSD, depression etc. This should be provided to the school to ensure they don't continue to bring you before the court. If that is not successful you should get a lawyer and provide them with medical documentation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.