Brick, NJ asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability and Medical Malpractice for New Jersey

Q: I was put on bone meds for many years and lost more densitity each year. I lost had bones and still am.

Can I bring law suit against these co? Fosamax, actonel etc. For my skeleton not jaws??? I've been diag with intractable pain due to demineralized bones and failure spine fusions.

2 Lawyer Answers
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
  • East Brunswick, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Yes you can bring a law suit the question is can you win, and even more importantly can you find a lawyer who would take the case as these cases are very expensive to prosecute against a drug company with deep pockets. Thus a lawyer would probably want a retainer up front and a portion of the suit if you win.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: Contact a member of the NJAJ who handles product liability. They give free consults. If you need the names of some give me a call.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.