Atlanta, GA asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Divorce and Family Law for Georgia

Q: moved to texas without address nothing divorce papers say im to have info caught cheating new wife change custody

My ex husband was just caught by his new wife cheating with employees same story as mine with him he got full well we have joint custody but he keeps son away from me he sent me a letter telling me not asking if my he could move to texas i have no address havent seen son in almost 2 yrs i have odd years he has even i live in GA divorce papers state im to pay 370 month child support he told me 7 years ago even though in papers he wouldn't make me pay i haven't paid any payments he took my son to texas hes about to go through a battle with the new wife also they have a son which im sure will take him for everything and just found out that she is actually in ga and since went to texas and caught him red handed my son is here with her i think found out the girl friend was living with him in texas i want a custody change i don't think this kind of environment is good for my son i do have fathers number but its useless no answer how do i go about this in the state of GA

1 Lawyer Answer
Kelly Case
Kelly Case
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I do not understand your question. It seems as if you are wanting to file for a modification and want to seek to have right to determine primary residence of your child. If that is correct, then you should make arrangements to hire a family lawyer and allow them to proceed on your behalf. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.