Suffolk, VA asked in Personal Injury, Elder Law and Estate Planning for Virginia

Q: I need an attorney that would take my case on a contingency basis.It is a civil case lawsuit

My sister took out a guardianship on me by lying her way through and using my Medical Drs. name in the process and he stated he did not release any info to her I went to court and my medical records were so good there was no way she could win so she removed herself and now wanting me to pay her attorney fees, I did not originate them and I am not going to pay them. She also stole from my household and the insurance company will not honor my loss as it was not a forceful entry, it would not be if she found my keys and made duplications of them. Can you help me in filing suit against her?

1 Lawyer Answer
Jan F Hoen
Jan F Hoen
  • Hampton, VA
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: Have you reported the theft to the police? Theft is a criminal matter.

It is unclear on what basis you wish to pursue a civil claim for monetary damages which would justify an attorney handling the matter on a contingency basis. You will probably need to hire someone on a lump sum or hourly rate.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.