Asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for New Mexico

Q: My kids dad is trying to get Custody of my 6 kids to were I only have visiting rights to my kids..

He recently made a report on me through cyfd.. I'm not an unfit parent I had my kids since the day they where born.. my problem is stress cause the father has not help raise or support our kids. I been raising and supporting them on my own for two years.. he's been out of jail for 8 or so months has a record for being in and out of jail.. I m not good with stress i don't know if I'll need a lawyer to end this and give me full custody of my kids

1 Lawyer Answer
Gary William Boyle
Gary William Boyle
  • Santa Fe, NM
  • Licensed in New Mexico

A: I strongly recommend that you retain qualified counsel.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.