Asked in Family Law for Florida

Q: I have shared parental rights but the mom is refusing to let me see what child. What can I do? Thanks

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sabina Tomshinsky
Sabina Tomshinsky
  • Gainesville, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Your post is not clear as to what exactly the mother is refusing to do. However, if there is a parenting plan with time-sharing schedule currently in place and the mother has violated the term(s) of that parenting plan, then you should pursue a Motion for Contempt/Enforcement. I also suggest that you review the Order that is at issue to see if the Order requires a specific course of action to be taken prior to bringing the matter before the Court. It would truly serve your interests to have an attorney review all the pertinent documents and advise you accordingly. All the best.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.