Asked in Wrongful Death for New Mexico

Q: Hi my bother was killed in nov of 2015 cops wouldnt give me anything just letter saying it was justified

I have been doing alot of my own research and come across papers saying they edit things and the one i came across is the one that didnt get edit and they knew who he was and just shot him emptying clips and reloading another but im in nm and would want to see if someone would help me thats in another state cause this place is so crumpted i dont trust anyone from here please if u can email how to go about this

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: First there would have been an autopsy. That should say something about the shots in the body. Second you need to contact the Civil Liberties Union for whatever state it happened. Ask for their "cooperating attorneys" for "police misconduct" cases. They will give you free consultation. You will have to work with an attorney wherever it happened for now. No one from out of state would handle the case with the little bit of facts you have--unless you want to pay them by the hour.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.