Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Juvenile Law for Arkansas

Q: I'm gonna be 17 in Oct.Can I move out without emancipation or parent permission from AR to MO with other family members?

I'm 16 turning 17 in October and I want to move in with my other family members (Dad or sister or brother) when I turn 17 without parent permission or emancipation from Arkansas to Missouri. My older sister or brother would come pick me up from Arkansas, but I don' want to get them in trouble. Can I move to Missouri without their permission and live with my dad.

1 Lawyer Answer
Stefan K. McBride
Stefan K. McBride
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Hope, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: Unless you are emancipated or have your parent's consent, you cannot move out of the house.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.