Pittsburgh, PA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Pennsylvania

Q: Can the mother's boyfriend take my child out of state without my permission

There is no custody order but the my son left with the mother's boyfriend to go to Kentucky from Pennsylvania for a few weeks I just found out about this tonight I knew nothing about this is this legal

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Meredith R Allie
Meredith R Allie
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • York, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Unfortunately without a custody order that provides for situations of this nature, there is not a legal issue that would prevent him from traveling with your son. If he did not have permission from Mother then that is completely different. My suggestion would be to ask for the details regarding where your child is, with specificity, and if you don't receive acceptable information that you seek legal counsel.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.