Albuquerque, NM asked in Medical Malpractice for New Mexico

Q: Do I have a case?

I needed to go to the radiology lab for testing on my gallbladder. The hospital employee who was performing my tests asked me to walk over to the table that was a few steps away from the chair that he had me sitting in while he gave me the IV. After giving me an IV and fluid, I recall feeling a cold rush through my head trying to stand up. Next thing I remember, I was on the floor looking up at the employee. I had no idea that I had passed out trying to stand up, causing injury to myself. When I awoke, I felt pain on the back of my head and I could not see properly, my vision was blurry. The employee was asking me questions, trying to speak to me- I felt subconscious. He said he needed to cut my hair because it was caught in the wheel of an end table. The next morning I awoke with a cut and two bruises on my back. I have neck pain and headaches continuously growing over time. I can pin point the exact spot of pain on the back of my head where I feel that my head hit an object.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: Get follow up care. You may or may not have had improper care. Would suggest you contact a member of the NMex Assn for Justice that handles medical cases--they give free consults. However, medical cases are extremely expensive so at this point most attorneys would say to wait and see what the fallout is.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.