Asked in Traffic Tickets for Illinois

Q: just got my first speeding ticket (76 in 55 mph) & no court appearance, but also no $ amt on ticket, what do i do?

i'm 20 yrs old & i don't want the insurance to go up. it was in bureau county

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Ray Choudhry

  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Moline, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Go to court and see if you can get court supervision.

That keeps the ticket off your record.

It usually costs more than just paying the ticket.

Mr. Stephen A Brundage

  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Wheaton, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: In what County did you receive the ticket?

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.