Asked in Traffic Tickets for Illinois

Q: Got pulled over going 82 in a 55. This is my first ticket ever. What do you think will happen, im a 20 year old girl..

Cop also messed up the ticket. He told me to my face no court is required and marked no court required on my ticket. Then i go to find out by kendall county that i do have to go to court. I read about jail time and excessive fees. What do u thik will happen since its my first time??

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy J. Fiscella
Timothy J. Fiscella pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Hinsdale, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Exceeding the posted speed limit by 26 mph or more is considered a misdemeanor offense. It is certainly more serious than your typical traffic ticket and can have serious consequences for your driving privileges. While jail time is technically possible it is extremely, extremely rare unless there are other aggravating factors. Most likely you are looking at some form of driver safety school, perhaps community service and a fine.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.