Philadelphia, PA asked in Criminal Law, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Gov & Administrative Law for Pennsylvania

Q: want to open my fed. case back up and sue the third circuit court of eastern Pa. . I been off of fed. supervised release

1 yr. and 3 mo. I filed motions while incarcerated on grounds of 2255 and 3553 and other rules that the courts shafted me . I want to sue the third dist court of Allentown , Pa. this has taken away extra years of my life, because of their mistake upon the rules and sentencing guidelines. I think they need to compensate me for what I cant get back ( loss years with my 2 daughters) and having a hard time with the record it has given me to live with, although I am in school at this present time and seeking a degree as a paralegal with my associates in specialized business. I need to have advice from a federal Criminal / Civil Attorney

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: You can try the Pennsylvania Civil Liberties union but I will tell you that judicial immunity would protect any of the federal courts involved. I don't see that you have a case you can file for what you believe were rule violations as a result.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.