Greenwood, IN asked in Personal Injury, Child Custody, Small Claims and Libel & Slander for Indiana

Q: Facebook and cps false allegations made of drugs and child abuse as well as residency. Proof of being false. What's next

A family members ex called cps making claim I do drugs as well as physically harm my child. She has also posted on social media in open as to me lying about having cancer and lying to the government for assistance for myself and child. I have photos proof as well as copies cps has looked at my child and drug screened me which came out negative to both. She is still making the posts and has went to the extent of filing reports in 3 counties. I am unsure of what to do.

1 Lawyer Answer
Chase T Wilson
Chase T Wilson
  • Indianapolis, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: You may have a claim, but these types of claims are not only extremely difficult to prove, they also rarely pay out as there is no insurance and most individuals don't have the money to pay a substantial verdict. You also have to show the economic harm that these statements have caused, which is quite difficult.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.