Milwaukee, WI asked in Family Law for Wisconsin

Q: i have been paying for child support and on my days to visit my kids. my ex husband won't let me see them. What do I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Edwards
Michael Edwards
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: If there is a current court order in place that gives you specific visitation times and he is withholding that placement from you, you need to file an Enforcement of Physical Placement motion with the court of jurisdiction. However, if the court order states your placement as "reasonable times upon reasonable notice," you may have a more difficult time succeeding on that motion. If that is the case, you may want to consider modifying the current order to put something more specific in place. I would recommend finding an attorney in your area to help with these motions.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.