Suwanee, GA asked in Domestic Violence and Libel & Slander for Georgia

Q: I have an ex boyfriend who claims I have him an std but I don't have it and claims he is going to police what do I do?

He has been claiming this for at least a month now he was in another state and came back to GA he has contacted my family on social media claiming to be my fiancé we have never been engaged nor are we together I tried to defuse the situation by talking to him in person and which didn't end well. I was trying to get out of his vehicle once he realized I was getting out he stepped on the gas turned the wheel causing me to fly out of the car hitting the ground in the street. The police were called I was taken to the emergency he left the science before police arrived. I have not made any contact with him since however he continues to text my phone and or send msgs through social media with police threats agains me. I don't know what to do or if he in fact can file a case against me. How should I move forward?

1 Lawyer Answer
William C. Head
William C. Head
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Sandy Springs, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Tell him, in email and text to not contact you further. Then, block his number on your phone.

Then, record any and all communications after that, for police to see later.

Monitor any social media. If he makes false claims about STD, you can sue him.

Follow up with police on the assault with the vehicle. That was an intentional, criminal act.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.