Omaha, NE asked in Family Law and Juvenile Law for Nebraska

Q: Can I give temp.gaurdianship and custity of my kids to my mother without getting a layers involved ?

No father involved,til get my life ,financis in order ,then get them back when I can properly take there responsibilities

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brendan Michael Kelly
Brendan Michael Kelly
  • Juvenile Law Lawyer
  • Omaha, NE
  • Licensed in Nebraska

A: If you are the only parent on the birth certificate you can provide guardianship to your mother. If another parent is involved than they would have to sign off in theory. This would allow her to send the kids to school, medical needs, etc..

Julie Fowler agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.