Rockwell, NC asked in Family Law and Juvenile Law for Nebraska

Q: My son is 19 girlfriend is 17 1/2 and they have a 3 month old son they want to leave NE and move to NC can they?

They have been living in her mother's home he can't find work and there is a job available in NC can she legally move out of state. Her mother is threatening to have the arrested if they do.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brendan Michael Kelly
Brendan Michael Kelly
  • Juvenile Law Lawyer
  • Omaha, NE
  • Licensed in Nebraska

A: If she leaves without her parents permission they she can be in trouble. The age to be an adult in NE is 19. So the answer is Son can go, but daughter has to be get permission or wait til she is old enough.

Julie Fowler agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.