Verona, WI asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Wisconsin

Q: My ex was ordered to pay child support. I just graduated and started working. He has quit showing up for his job.

Can he fight me for more time w our son? Or try to get child support from me?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Edwards
Michael Edwards
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Milwaukee, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: He can fight you all he wants for more placement or child support but that does not necessarily mean he is going to get what he wants. He is not likely going to be able to get child support from you unless he has the majority of the placement time. Of course there are many other factors that play into that decision as well. I would honestly need to know more information about your situation to give you a more specific answer though.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.