Batesville, AR asked in Child Custody for Arkansas

Q: How do I get emergency guardianship of a horribly emotionally abused 15 year old who is thinking of suicide

This child lives with his grandmother who is horribly abusive, mentally and emotionally. She told this child, earlier this week, she would rather kill him than put up with him. This child is so depressed he told my son that he is thinking of ending his life. How can I go about getting emergency guardianship on a weekend, or getting him out of that house without facing kidnapping charges. I am a nurse so I am mandated by law to report this, which I have done, but I have ZERO ZERO ZERO faith in DHS

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Skye Martin
Skye Martin
  • Little Rock, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: You'll need to file a petition for guardianship with the circuit court of the county where the child lives.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.