Appleton, WI asked in Child Custody for Wisconsin

Q: I am supposed to have contact with my 3 children and I haven't since the end of January. What can I do?

My ex-husband and I have had a temporary order for physical placement and legal custody in place for over a year and a half. It states that I am to have contact with our 3 children and I have not had contact with them since the end of January, and before that it was few and very far between. I'm wondering what my options are. I can't afford a lawyer, and I don't want full custody.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Edwards
Michael Edwards
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Milwaukee, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: As you say he is your ex-husband, I am assuming you have already gotten the final decree of divorce. If that is the case, I am not sure why there would be a temporary since that would have been valid only during the interim of the divorce process. Either way, if you have a court order stating you have specific placement rights and your ex-husband is not allowing you to exercise that placement, you need to file an Enforcement of Physical Placement to notify the court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.