Irving, TX asked in Estate Planning for New Mexico

Q: How can I enforce my daughter paying money she owes me and have it go to my residue estate

This is money from an inheritance from my father to me. At the rate of $200 per month for life. My daughter is currently 3 months behind. I want that money to go to my residual estate if still behind at my death

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kenneth V Zichi
Kenneth V Zichi
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Fowlerville, MI

A: You can always write a will such that the debt is owed, and needs to be paid, but the details of how to do that go beyond the scope of a forum like this and would require an examination of your WHOLE estate situation to insure things are done properly and in a way that provides the best guarantees things will happen as expected.

You should seek local guidance from a licensed estate planning attorney to insure things are done right! You can use the 'find a lawyer' tab here to search for someone nearby.

--This answer is offered for information only, and does not create an attorney/client relationship. I am licensed to practice in Michigan only.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.