Grand Junction, CO asked in Sexual Harassment for Colorado

Q: How do I file a Sexual Harassment case against my boss without losing my job?

Every day I go to work, my boss always slaps my rear, motions like he is going to grab my breasts, rubs up against me, licks his lips like he is licking me in private areas, moans, whistles, and makes sexual comments. It makes me uncomfortable, I have asked him to stop and he keeps laughing and doing it again saying, "You like it!"

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
  • Fort Collins, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: Contact a lawyer that handles employment law. Your boss' actions are inexcusable and you should not have to put up with his behavior. If you file suit, you are also protected against retaliation (i.e. firing or demotion). Talking to a lawyer will also allow you to follow any helpful actions that you can make to document this behavior (like video or audio recordings). You should be able to find an attorney in your area that offers free consultations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.