Bassfield, MS asked in Adoption and Family Law for Louisiana

Q: Me and my ex husband has joint custody of our 15 yr old daughter. He is taking me to court to have my rights terminated!

Can this happen? I have visitation rights which he will not abide by. It has been 2 yrs since I was able to see or talk to her

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. James Zitzmann
Mr. James Zitzmann
  • Family Law Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: There are certain circumstances where this can happen if you haven't exercised visitation rights in a certain amount or time or haven't paid child support in a certain amount of time. You'll want to contact an attorney immediately regarding this.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.