Chicago, IL asked in DUI / DWI for Illinois

Q: My boyfriend got charged with a DUI and they let him keep his DL and he didn't need to pay to get out of jail?

Is it okay for them to let him have his DL? And not charged to get out of jail? I usually know that they take your driver license away and you gotta pay a fine but he didn't? I just wanna know if these actions are correct.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Omar Khan
Omar Khan
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Oakbrook Terrace, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: I'm not sure what happened. Yes they usually arrest you. You should hire a local criminal defense attorney to get ahead of the DUI allegation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.